Thread: propositon for people who leave pc on

Thanks

Default propositon for people who leave pc on

Ok well heres the deal i run http://render.jcs.dohgames.com and well we are limited to 1 gig of space... we are planning to get a real paid host in a couple of weeks but for now we wouldnt mind if someone could host an ftp for us.

The deal is for people who want anime we will be uploading naruto, bleach, Onegai twins and more and you would have the benefit of getting all of those anime series with no hassle just you would have to run an ftp for us.

So if your interested please post here right away.

I could upload games too if you wanted but just for you

Thanks

my comp stays on all the time...

Thanks
    EP Points

How much speed do you need? I could provide 50kb/s, my Xbox downloads are taking much of my upload.
    That said if you make a tutorial with FlashGet onh ow to add multiple sources, people could get an interesting speed in the end. (if many people share the said files obviously)

Thanks

would these be offers

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, something like that. I'm leaving my PC on anyway for 2 things right now.
    1) I'm crunching proteins for folding @ home team Hackaday (team #44851).
    2) Uploading on BitTorrent to explode my so-said infinite bandwidth per month.
    I could cut my BT stuff like said and give you half of my upload (50kb/s) or some more when my BT is inactive.

I'll need to make some place, because I am getting a 65gb torrent soon, and I only have 122gb of 376 available left. I'm going to buy a 80gb HDD soon so that could be "dedicated".

Thanks

polo i wanna make love to you right now

Thanks

Ooo! Me First, Me First!

Thanks
    EP Points

I must ask. What kind of torrent is 65 gigs? The most I've ever gotten was 10.

On another note. Have you considered using Bittorrent with a dedicated seed. That way there would always be someone to upload, but as more people started to download then speeds would go up for everyone.

Thanks

Do u know how to set up a distributed FTP? (think of Bittorrent + FTP).
    If you do, u could easily find 4-5 hosts (people) to share bandwith & top out your "customers" D/l speed to their max. There is a software program that will take an .XML page of FTP links, regenerate redirected links based on (ok this is difficult to explain...) the U/l & D/l stats of your hosts, and automatically keep track of which hosts have which files.

What this boils down, is the fastest file hosts will always have their load balanced by the # of downloaders. If a host ever reaches peak (maxed out) slots/bandwith, the .XML page will be updated with the new host in line. With this type of config, u simply have the 4-5 hosts put the exact same files in the exact same directories on their PC. The IP and port can be configured to host.

Many {insert banned software trader word here} use this method. When you download from Megaupload, u are actually d/l from several servers, but the HTML link looks the same to you. This method is also used by Adobe, General Electric & many Fortune 500 companies. A server can only take so much load. By distributing the load across multiple PCs (in the same building, co-located, doesn't matter), you get the absolute fastest speeds. It also prolongs the life of your servers.

Anyone involved in the Unix or Linux scene is aware of this. You tell this to the brainwashed Microsoft-certified engineer & they will give u a glazed over look. Well, most that I know have done this

Good luck with the idea Brightside.

Thanks

well in that case if anyones interested in anime psx and ps2 games, maybe you could think of hosting an ftp