Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
To get 480p ect you do need component anyway, if you can find a quality cable you are fine but cheap ones are junk though, and will have intimated signal loss
I ramble away here. Long story short, I have component cables. Or a cable consisting of five separate cables. However you want to think about it.

Spoiler warning:
I got a component cable so I could capture gameplay without relying on a DVD recorder, but recently found out that my capture box doesn't support the PS1 video output. Got it kind of working with GSM but not well enough to be usable at the moment. Anyway, the component cables were pretty cheap but when connected to the telly they look pixel perfect. When connected to the capture box there are some minor horizontal artifacts, kind of like this if you know what I mean. Also got an S-Video cable that looks perfect (granted, only tried on a CRT due to it becoming less common) but there is a lot of horizontal noise when connected to the DVD recorder. The S-Video cable was official, but also cheap because it's basically leftover stock. I reckon the capture box just has the artifacts because most people only care about using it with HDMI devices (and certainly not at 576i) and the DVD recorder is falling apart anyway, with the HDMI out and Freeview in busted and the drive making loud crunching noises.