Thread: putting games on my softmodded xbox

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes but make sure you get the correct version - with Splinter Cell all known versions of the game can be used but others: 007 AUF, MechAssault and the, often forgotten, Tony Hawks 4 may require a very specific version original disc ID.

Somewhere I have that info but I can not find it at the moment and no online softmod guide I've found seems to include that, rather important, detail.

Just found this:-

"The original version of 007: Agent Under Fire or the Platinum Hits AUF with the Serial #: 1448517 (NOT 1448527)

MechAssault with the Serial #: MS02301L on the inner ring of the game CD."

Sounds right to me. My PAL version of 007 AUF is a bog standard original version and that works (no idea about the Platinum Hits version as I've never used it). My MechAssault version shows that same serial number too.

Never used it myself but I think TH4 works with any version but, like Splinter Cell, you must use the appropriate regionally correct softmod installer file version ie. PAL for a PAL console and NTSC for a NTSC one.

Most softmod packages come with SC PAL/NTSC, 007 AUF and MechAssault installer file but only Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool includes the Tony Hawks 4 PAL/NTSC ones and a region free version. I assume that works with either however it could also mean there is a region free TH4 game version too. So if you do use TH4 it would be advisable to research that to be certain.

One of the reasons Splinter Cell does not work can be because the Xbox was previously softmodded using Splinter Cell and there are left overs which were not removed when the console was reverted to retail state. It can also be that you installed the wrong regional exploit too.

I've had the former happen myself and indeed as Ragnar suggested using an alternative exploitable game like 007 AUF/MA/TH4 did fix the problem.
    Last edited by TheAbysmalDark; 28th-June-2019 at 13:03.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAbysmalDark For This Useful Post: