Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107
Results 1,591 to 1,593 of 1593

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    Yes, then I'm going to love it. What came first, the dragon or the egg?

"Two can play at this game." ~ Raistlin to Raistlin

(In case you don't get the quadruple meaning, one is red robe Raistlin and the other black robe Raistlin who is Master of Past and Present and can see all time at once)

https://dragonlance.fandom.com/wiki/Raistlin_Majere
    Unless a Kender is mistakenly sent back in time lol.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Unless a Kender is mistakenly sent back in time lol.
    I would like to author a Dragonlance novel that has Earth's people roleplaying Krynn who are roleplaying Krynn because that's what the people of Krynn are doing, roleplaying roleplayers of Earth called The Fourth Wall.

Who's to say that's not happening? So, what came first the dragon or the egg?
    The cozy warmth of the Inn of the Last Home enveloped the group of friends like an old, familiar blanket. The fire crackled merrily in the hearth, and the scent of Otik’s famous spiced potatoes wafted through the air. As the Heroes of the Lance sat around their usual table, the evening took an unexpected turn when Tasslehoff Burrfoot posed a peculiar question.

"What came first, the dragon or the egg?" Tas asked, his eyes wide with curiosity as he munched on a piece of bread.

Flint Fireforge grumbled from his seat, setting down his mug of ale with a thud. "Bah! What kind of nonsense is that, Tas? Everyone knows dragons were created by the gods. The egg came later."

"Actually, Flint," interjected Tanis Half-Elven, leaning forward with a thoughtful expression, "if you consider the cycle of life, it makes sense that the egg could have come first. Dragons lay eggs, after all."

Caramon Majere, ever eager to join the debate, leaned back in his chair, grinning. "But if there were no dragons to lay the eggs in the first place, how could there be eggs?"

"I suppose it’s possible that dragons simply appeared, fully formed, by magic," mused Goldmoon, her serene voice adding a touch of calm to the heated discussion.

"That’s preposterous," Sturm Brightblade scoffed, his sense of knightly logic offended by the idea. "Dragons are creatures of legend, yes, but they must follow the natural order of things. The egg came first."

Tika Waylan, setting down a tray of drinks she had been carrying, couldn’t resist chiming in. "Maybe they both appeared at the same time! Magic can do anything, right?"

Raistlin Majere, who had been quietly observing the debate with a knowing smile, finally spoke. His voice was soft but carried an air of finality. "I can see all time as Master of Past and Present, and it’s beyond me."

The group fell silent for a moment, contemplating the enigmatic wizard’s words. Then, unexpectedly, laughter erupted around the table. The tension dissipated, replaced by the camaraderie they all cherished.

"Alright, alright," Tas said, still chuckling. "Let’s just imagine what it would be like if we were from another world, like, oh, I don’t know... Earth! What would they think about dragons and eggs?"

"I bet they’d have endless debates, just like us," Tanis replied, grinning.

"Maybe they’d write stories about it," Tika suggested. "They’d probably have whole books just trying to figure it out."

"And argue about it on some sort of magical devices," added Caramon, trying to sound wise.

Raistlin’s eyes sparkled with rare amusement. "Indeed, they would. Perhaps they would find it as amusing as we do."

As laughter filled the Inn of the Last Home once more, the Heroes of the Lance continued their night, secure in the warmth of friendship and the shared joys of their adventures, whether in Krynn or in the imagined realms beyond rolling D&D dice in the Earth roleplaying game roleplaying Earth's roleplayers.
    Last edited by Till; 21st-May-2024 at 19:30. Reason: Prologue, short story to begin long story...

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"It's a question of who is imagining who and what we imagine being what we are imagining because it imagines what we are imagining."

So Sayeth the wise Alaundo.

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Alaundo

Last edited by Till; 21st-May-2024 at 20:30. Reason: Let's settle age-old debates...