Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm only going to Bible thump once.

"If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them." Romans 11:14

Emulation is the save game state.
    Last edited by Till; 6th-May-2024 at 05:34. Reason: If a rapscallion like me can be redeemed so can any other scoundrel...

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wane philosophically at times, it's a dualism of intellect and heresy but you can't burn heretics alive at the stake legally anymore so I can only be fed Socratic hemlock. By heresy I mean belief in extraterrestrial life on exoplanets that Giordano Bruno was burnt alive at the stake for as a heretic, with an extra layer of Marcionist Gnosticism(Marcion of Sinope the heretic that canonized the New Testament) because yes I'm a deist for scientific reasons and Marcion describes God as 'utterly alien' to which I fully coincide with in description. A few posts back I mentioned why God exists due to the measurement problem and the mind-body dichotomy as well as Descartes being taught the modern scientific method by an angel that appeared to him. Despite layer upon layer of heretical beliefs, many people don't even know what they believe because they don't know as much as they will know yet and I'm an American citizen with 1st Amendment rights to be a Gnostic heretic. That's not to say I'm to be mistaken for a modern Christian, what the Gnostic first Christians were and what modern Christianity is aren't the same thing. You won't see me proselytize or even mention religion often and when I do it's for a valid reason. Most people would take me for an atheist because I'm scientific but I can assure everyone I have no reason to have anything but a deist cosmology and I'm a manifold heretic many other deists have a distinct aversion to, lumped together with atheists for the purposes of infidel status. I don't care whether anyone is deist or atheist, just as human and imperfect as anyone else with faults and character flaws having nothing to do with anyone's beliefs. My concern is kicking the knowledge before I kick the bucket, this isn't the only universe and it isn't the only bucket. tl;dr I'm a deist heretic.
    Last edited by Till; 6th-May-2024 at 07:59. Reason: Intellectual but humble, if I'm the smart one I've done very stupid things...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey-o.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Hey-o.
    Hello, welcome back.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Tas

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Riddick films did not get outstanding reviews, people were expecting a soap opera because it's sci-fi when it's an action movie in a sci-fi setting. However, I don't expect epic space opera in an action movie or for the good guys to win in a setting where the protagonist is essentially a Chaotic Evil assassin who is the only one with the interpersonal skills to not be a total dick in a setting where everyone is evil. Probably why his name is Riddick, he gets rid of dicks. To me he serves as a scourge punishing people that deserve it and in the end doing something good in the process but he's no hero, evil as hell and can kill you with his teacup so he has no reason to speak much when it's what his fighting skills say upside your cranium and he fucking kills you.

https://gizmodo.com/vin-diesel-riddi...uel-1851458968

New sequel, don't expect space opera. The setting can be off-putting because of its underlying macabre and grotesque society bereft of anything pleasant, if you're looking for good guys to cheer for you're watching the wrong movie so don't watch what you're not going to like to write bad reviews about it because films don't cater to your liking and it's not about what you like every time.
    Last edited by Till; 7th-May-2024 at 02:31. Reason: Anyway...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kurt is a recurring character in my art, he's a reverse role model. Don't fuck with opiods, kids. And if you insist take non-lethal dosages and stick to formulations that are not synthetic. It's silence on that topic that is part of the problem, no matter what is illegal or is banned people will do it and it's the practical approach that saves the most lives. I'd go into detail about what opiods did to my friends and family, the ones that didn't OD committed suicide. Again, there's nothing you can do to stop people from doing what they're intent on doing including taking their own life and simply banning discussion about things does not solve anything and is part of the problem. Which dovetails into censorship stifling free speech if used to ban topics, it lends itself to making problems worse by not allowing them to be addressed in public. It's best to know exactly what's on people's minds so you know who the ones you should avoid are for your own safety, because otherwise there's no foot in mouth that can be cited as proof of people's deceptions or intentions and we can't mind read.

You know who wants to stifle free speech? People that see no benefit in mind reading so you know who to avoid and who want to stop discussion on topics that save lives.