Thread: PSX model question.

RuKuS Guest

Default PSX model question.

Geez, I ask alot of questions on this board, huh?

Anyway, I just bought a used Playstation for a good 25 bucks. Now I looked at the model number and the date before I bought it and it said SCPH 1001 and Nov 1996. So I figured it's a good model number and date for the emulation side of things. I can't remember the model of my first psx but I compared this one I just bought from one I borrowed from someone (SCPH 9001, Aug 99) and the models are very different. The one I just bought has audio/video output jacks on the back and the lens is on the upper left corner as opposed to the lower right corner on the borrowed one. I don't remember the model number of my first psx but I got it Christmas 97 and I'm positive it didn't have those a/v jacks on the back.

Wow, I can really draw things out can't I? Anyway, the question is; is this one I bought an actual model from 96 or is it some sort of remade/remake type of thing? Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

SCPH 1001 was the model number of my first PS1 which I picked up in 96 so it sounds legit to me.

I know it was that model number as it broke 11months after I purchased it and Sony sent a Courier out the next day with a new (or reconditioned) one for me in exchange for the broken one.