Thread: Project64

Thanks

Default Project64

Ill play a n64 rom in Project64 and get really far but i encounter an error where i cant save bc no controller pack is inserted and game cannot be saved? is there a plugin like Epsxe has?

Thanks
    EP Points

When you run PJ64, go to "Options" then click "Settings", and set the controller plugin to N-Rage's. Then go to "Options" again and click "Configure Controller Plugin". You will see this screen...

Now, click on the Controller Pak tab [a], and then click the "New MemPak" button [b], and a pop-up window will appear. Type what you want the file to be named and click the "Open" button to create it. Then click the "Format MemPak" button [c] to format it.

Done.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 2nd-August-2005 at 03:38.

Thanks

1) I'm using Project64 right now, and I don't see that, and 2) You're using a file called N-rage, which would more than likely have a different interface than Project64.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Narok
    1) I'm using Project64 right now, and I don't see that, and 2) You're using a file called N-rage, which would more than likely have a different interface than Project64.
    Um, N-Rage is a default controller plugin which comes with Project64 v1.6. It is the one you use to get to the config window I showed in the tutorial above. Now, um, what were you saying
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 2nd-August-2005 at 02:53.

Thanks

Yes, but he's probably not using it if he's not playing a game which requires heavy analoge stick control which requires N-Rage which requires the mouse to use it. I believe he's using the normal Jabo's plug-in. I'm not sure, but just check the box.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ((KvN))
    Yes, but he's probably not using it if he's not playing a game which requires heavy analoge stick control which requires N-Rage which requires the mouse to use it. I believe he's using the normal Jabo's plug-in. I'm not sure, but just check the box.
    He probably is, the only plugin I've ever used was the N-Rage one, even when I didn't have a controller. IMO, I think it's better than Jabo's, and it's the only one that comes with PJ64 that allows you to create a memory pak file.

Thanks

I'm not sure about his, but does checking the "Memory Pack is plugged in" in the Jabo's plug-in work? Make sure you plug it in. Other than that, I'm no luck in this problem, sorry man.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you can't get the memory pack working, you should try PJ64's save state system. Just click System > Save As, and you can save the game exactly where you are. You can then load your save (also from the System menu) and resume from where you left off.