Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: XBOX slaggers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default XBOX slaggers.

I'm getting very pissed off with the amount of anti-Xbox talk around here. Everyone jizzes on their PS2, the same way they did with the over-rated PS1.
    What is it with everyone, how come you can't spot something truly quality when you see it?
    PS2 is an underpowered waste of time, pumping out more mediocre games than even the PS1 could dream of.
    True, the PS2 has a couple of good titles, but nothing in the way of the brilliance the Gamecube has, or indeed the upcoming lineup for the Xbox. If you're still reading, quote this bit. Xbox Live is quality, and anyone who says it isn't is a fool. Try playing a game on Xbox, and then play the same title on PS2. The utter jagginess, and low detail of the graphics, combined with the absolute shite frame rate and draw distance of the games makes you wonder why they exist.
    So, why do you all hate the Xbox, I just can't understand it.
    Don't give me any of that controller bullshit. Anyone who can't use an S-Controller must be disabled anyway.
    With Halo 2 coming out later this year, the Xbox truly is the console to get. Medicore 1 player maybe, mediocre multiplayer it is not.

Many people around here also seem to hate the Gamecube, though not as much as Xbox.
    Tell me what PS2 game matches up to the sheer brilliance of Mario Kart: Double Dash?
    Exactly.
    The only worthwhile multiplayer game on PS2 is Timesplitters 2, which is on Gamecube and Xbox. The PS2 version has one unique feature though, and that is the ablity to judder and slow down when there's more than 2 people on the screen.

To cap it all off, I can't wait for Xbox Live 3.0 to be fully implemented to feature MSN Messenger integration and the ablity to have you own official clans for games. Timesplitters 3 will be fucking excellent, as will Halo 2. I'm sure they will be keeping me occupied for many months.
    I've played the PS2 online, and all I can say is it's unreliable, laggy and the title online game is SOCOM which is absolute shite.

Thanks

I used to be all like ps2 will kick the xboxs butt and then my ps2 tore up and i couldnt fix it. So i decided that i would go get a xbox and i have to tell you that xbox could take ps2 any day. Although there are a few draw backs xbox isnt very rpg heavy and i love rpgs that is the only reason i didnt want to get an xbox.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill 4, Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Transformers, Zone of the Enders 2, Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame 2 and Killzone sure looks oh so ugly on the PS2...
    ...that's far from the truth. Compared to games on Xbox like Ninja Gaiden, sure, they look horrible. But gaming is not all about pretty graphics. While I do appreciate good graphics, I couldn't care less. Ever played SOS Final Escape on the PS2? Choppy framerate at some places, bad graphics, but oh so damn fun!

Nintendo do have the best first party games, true. But except those games, The Gamecube has the same 'shitty' third party games as the PS2, if not even worse.

Well, that's my two cents. Can't be arsed to write more. Oh and I do have a Gamecube and love it. But I play more on my PS2, and it has more games I'm intrested in thus, I like PS2 more.

Thanks

Yeah i know graphics arent want makes a game because my favorite games have pretty sorry graphics like ff3 and giants citizen kabuto which was very very funny and my fav game is still on the ps2 and it is xenosaga which reminds me isnt there another of those coming out.:\

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah Xenosaga II should be relased in a near future! Still haven't got a chance to play the first one.

Thanks

There's nothing wrong with X-Box, the console is fine.

I can't think of any X-Box only-titles that is good. Sorry. (Fable is going to be so goddamned dissapointing, I just know it.)

Thanks
    EP Points

Fable looks promising. But the creator talks too much. He praised Black & White and said that it would be oh so revolutionary. Yet, it had nothing new at all. It was more or less a remake of his previous games. So I have my doubts.

Thanks
    EP Points

I used to think the X-Box was awful, but in the last year or so it's become a force to be reckoned with. There are so many brilliant games on it nowadays, and even the ports from other consoles have extra features that make them worth buying.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No one has done what I said in my post yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You're pissed about the entire "anti-X-Box" talk on the forums, and yet you continue to bash the other systems in competition with it like everyone else does with the X-Box?

A system is a system. People are entitled to their own opinions. I personally don't hate the X-Box for the games, I hate the X-Box for the controller setup. I've been having a bitch of a time getting used to dual-analog sticks with the controller layout that the X-Box has, not to mention that it almost never responds for the first bit when you move it, then shoots across the screen for the rest.

And while the brilliance of <b>Mario Kart: Double Dash</b>'s multiplayer mode was indeed rather enjoyable, it may not be so for those who don't enjoy racing games of any kind. I find that it gets boring after a while, actually. And if you're into shoot-em-ups, then the X-Box has a bunch of good games for multiplayer. <b>Halo</b> and <b>Red Faction 2</b> remain some of my gang's favorite multiplayer games.

We don't play much PS2, so I won't go into that one.
    Anyways, the main point for this post was to tell everyone to stop being such bloody bastards with bashing systems just because you don't like them. Keep your minds open, 'cause some people do like them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After owning a PS2 for 3 years, I think I have the right to say what I think of it, whereas people who haven't even played an Xbox say it's a piece of shit. I probably should have made that point in the first place.
    Drageuth: Try Timesplitters 2, it's a fucking excellent multiplayer game.

About the controller thing, I prefer the Gamecube controller for FPS games. I can't use the PS2 controller at all for them, I move my bloke like he's drunk. I suppose it's just what you're use to, as PS2 pad is better for many other types of games.
    I've never experienced anything untoward with my Xbox controller, mind.

Thanks

PS1 was not overated ;;.PS2 has way better games then Xbox. The box just doesn't have enough good things or games going for it - hence why people tend to not like it. Just because you're a fanboy doesn't mean it's the best console.

Tell you what. Name all the good titles for xbox that are only on xbox (and that other people consider good - not just you) and then I'll name you twice that number of games that people love for ps2 or ps1.
    Ya uh.. pikachu slapping another pikachu.. how bout' that?

Thanks

It all boils down to this, the Xbox, being a great console has a lot of quality titles, but most of em are not exclusive to that system. Even the greatest examples of the xbox's finest (KOTOR, Halo) were ported to the PC with various upgrades. The actual fantastic exclusive titles are vastly underappreciated on the Xbox. Titles like ShenmueII,Panzer Dragoon: Orta, and Otogi havent sold anywhere near what they should of. Xbox live is great, but i think they just hit 1 million suscribers, which is fantastic, but theirs about 14 million xbox's round the world. A 1 to 14 ratio isnt that great, especially for one of the most touted features of the box.

What i will admit is the fantastic line-up that the Xbox has this year, games like Halo2, Fable, Jade Empire, Conker and the like.
    Last edited by Amethyst Rush; 16th-May-2004 at 22:40.

Thanks

Its the fact that PS2 has better games and a greater variety of them. Xbox, however seems to hae mainly 1PS and sports. Not for me... The Xbox is the best system ever but not the best one to play if you get what I'm saying.