Thread: Chankast needing SSE

Thanks

Default Chankast needing SSE

I just got a dc game and tried to run chankast when i was hit with the brick wall that i need a newer processor that has SSE. I did a little bit of research and more or less understand what this is. My question is if there's some sort of workaround for this, and if it's even worth it. (Would games be playable.) Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks

you probably just gotta wait for the Chankast update.. and who knows when that will be.. hopefully soon

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Ba11a
    I just got a dc game and tried to run chankast when i was hit with the brick wall that i need a newer processor that has SSE. I did a little bit of research and more or less understand what this is. My question is if there's some sort of workaround for this, and if it's even worth it. (Would games be playable.) Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know what processor you currently have, but I woud venture to say that if it doesn't support SSE, then it probably wouldn't be fast enough for Chankast anyway. I have a P4 1.6 and it is too slow to run it well, even coupled with 896MB RAM and a Raedon 9600-256.

Thanks

Well i have a AMD Athlon 1.39ghz with a slightly outdated video card and only 512 mb of ram.
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks
    EP Points

You've got no chance of running it then unfortunately. SSE is used heavily for speed improvements.

Thanks

That's a shame. Guess i gotta wait to get a new processor then.

Currently Believed to be in the Grand Bahamas
    Thanks

you don't need any super expensive cpu to run. Most modern CPU's will do fine. Chankast runs at decent speeds on my amd athlon xp 2500+ with integrated graphics and 512ram

<font style="filter:glow(color=#ff0000, strength=3);height=1px">
    If the enemy is in sight, so are you.</font>