Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Console versus pc

Thanks

quote:

but other games like action adventure games, rpg's, fighters, racers, etc. they shine alot more on home console systems.

-------------------------------------------

RPG's on console aren't better, sure if you are into the linear, fight 1 million random battles where you don't have any control over the battles other than to keep pressing button A (atk or magic) japanese style RPG's then yes Consoles are better for those type of RPG's.

But online RPG's and american RPG's like Baldurs Gate,Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars KOTOR,etc are better on the PC.

Alusnova

Thanks

So which is better? The console, for having so many awesome games; or the PC, which emulates the console that has the awesome games?

Whoa... that's deep.

Thanks

Console. Most PC games get ported anyway. Especially the FPS's. Might not be the same experience, but it's the same game.

Uncle Evil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smackdat1

take that console!!!

OMFG I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!!
    I hate Halo its so damned over rated. and i personaly think PC is way better than consoles.

Thanks

now you can have the best of both worlds, they are coming out with console-like computers, from big names like Alienware.

This console will use DISCover technology to make computing easier, with options like installing a game as soon as you pop it in the drive. i don't know what they will do about HL2, with the steam being required and such, but i guess they will deal with that soon.
    Last edited by smackdat1; 19th-February-2005 at 01:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Allright, and that can be yours for only a small fee of $6000-$10,000USD. Plus $1500USD S&H

Uncle Evil Guest

yeah knowing alientware it will be 50-60k and jesus christ that thing looks huge

Thanks
    EP Points

Basically the size of my PC on its side. Full tower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    I prefer consoles for multiplayer, actually. My TV is much bigger than a shitty monitor and few of my friends have the Internet.
    hey there buddy i can hook my computer up to my 48" High def. TV, you were saying?

Thanks

I don't see the appeal of these DISCover consoles. When I sit on my couch to play a console, I don't want to lug over a mouse and keyboard. Even if you put the keyboard on your lap, you still need a flat surface for the mouse, like... uh... I guess I'd use one of my textbooks...

Maybe they will put out a DISCover Laz-E-Boy just before the release of this "console." It could have completely flat armrests for the mouse, and a little swivel tray for the keyboard. Or better yet, a keyboard tray that you pull over your head and lock into place like a rollercoaster. Then they could have a super cool advertising campaign... DISCover! It's just like a rollercoaster, but better!

Seriously, where else are you gonna get that authentic rollercoaster experience?

Thanks

also, alienware is making tv's with computers built in! now you can crap on your futon whilst playing doom 3!

Mikey_ Guest

doom 3 is old and over rated like halo...

Thanks

You cannot post to Emuparadise forums using console (at least with most of them) and not being able to download lots of games from Internet
    Have you seen me before?

Uncle Evil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by m79
    doom 3 is old and over rated like halo...

YAY! Someone else agrees with me! althouhg Doom III was a little over rated i dont find it nearly as over rated as Halo was

Mikey_ Guest

yeah halo was bad. i mean, i bought it for pc and at the time i was heavily into MOHAA and i was partially running an entire clan with a friend and he actually tried to move the clan into halo online but it didn't happen thankfully.