Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need burning software

Thanks

Default need burning software

im looking for something that can burn alcohol 120% files(.mds/.mdf) at 1x or 2x. Cause im not sure if you have to use that software or can use anything to burn them
    edit: forget it, i found my old burner( max speed 8x)
    edit2: (just so i dont make multiple topics) does anyone know of a program that can detect whether a file is pal or ntsc?
    Last edited by gilrules2000; 24th-April-2005 at 18:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you don't have Alcohol 120% you can download Daemon Tools which is free & mount the Alcohol files onto a Vitrual Drive then burn using Nero or whatever burning software you may have.

You can get Daemon Tools here

Daemon Tools Homepage

Thanks

If your CD burner is newer version with high speed recording
    you won't be able to burn your CD's with speed lower than 4x.

I have CD-RW 8x/4x/32x (CD-R/CD-RW/CD-ROM) and I can
    burn my CD's with 1x speed but newer recorders cannot

As for burning .mds .mdf files I think that Alcohol120% is the only solution.
    You may also mount the ISO with "Daemon Tools" and burn them with
    any program like Nero using "CopyCD" option. (It should work in all cases
    but I'm not sure)

Thanks

thanks you guys. This board has been so helpful since i discovered it

Thanks
    EP Points

There's no program that tells you if a game is NTSC or PAL. A good way to verify is to mount the iso with Deamon Tools, and look at the root of the cd. There should be a file named like those:

The third letter always represent the country

SLUS_XXX.XX (replace X by numbers)
    SCUS_XXX.XX
    Those are US games, notice the U. It's then NTSC

SLES_XXX.XX
    This is a European game, PAL

SLPM_XXX.XX
    SLPS_XXX.XX
    This is a japanese game, NTSC.

Thanks

i guess thats all my questions. Thanks all

Thanks

alright, i burned einhander at 1x in cdrwin and raiden project at 2x then i burned dino crisis 2 with nero after i mounted it, but my results sucked. Einhander and Raiden Project wont start at all in my psx (i am using the swap trick with an action replay) and dino crisis did start but it is pal. What do you guys recommend i do?
    edit: I burned import player lite and it worked but i burned vagrant story and tried it with and with out the bootup disk and it didnt work. I also tried the other games and i go the same result. Could this be a problem with the psx? cause this is my friends and i have had problems with it in the past(although back then i was burning at 4x)
    Last edited by gilrules2000; 25th-April-2005 at 02:20.

Thanks

nothing ive tried has worked. I tried with an old burner that can burn at 8x and under with alcohol(i tried the playstation option but it says" not able to make 1:1 copies using this type), nero, and clonecd(tried the game cd option but it said that it couldnt burn raw-dao cause it doesnt have the option) but none have worked. I burned these at 1x,2x,6x,and 8x and none worked except for three dino crisis 2 disks (they were pal and thus were for testing purposes)and importplayer lite. Then i tried my new burner that can burn raw-dao but cant go lower than 8x in alcohol and that didnt work. WTF!! i need some help
    Last edited by gilrules2000; 25th-April-2005 at 14:46.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do the copies you burnt work in ePSXe? If you can test them that way at least you know they're working...

Thanks

1) PSX doesn't read CDRWs, in case u do not know and u r burn testing with CDRWs.

2) The media you are using, is it of low quality? These usually produce very unstable results as in being able to be read off the PC but not the PSX.

3) R the roms 'exact copies' of the originals? Some roms do not work on the PSX but work on the emulators(don't ask me y but know that there are ALOT of these in the net).

4) Burning speed is a factor but it doesn't really affect the PSX much unless the game you'r playing requires the console to read data very quickly (like those plane games). FYI, the lowest speed I used was when i burnt R-Type Delta. I burnt this game at 4x to produce a smooth reading. Burning at 8x gave me jerky screens. And this is the only game in my whole 200+ collection that I burnt at 4x. The rest were done at 8x or 12x.

5) Is your console's laser failing? Did you try cleaning/tweaking the laser unit? If you intend to tweak the laser, just google and search for a guide (there are plenty around).

6) I'm really sure abt this but: does the swap trick work for all games? My consoles are all modded so i've never tried the swap trick be4. This could be y your games are not able to play.

Lastly, I prefer to download roms that are in the bin/cue or clonecd format. I've downloaded Alcohol images be4 but these almost always gave me problems (that's y I hate alcohol). My experience with PSX images is that clonecd produces the best images. bin/cue is the next best. ISOs are rather unstable. Images in this format are hard to predict-->you never know which ones will work and which don't.
    Last edited by SkimMilk; 25th-April-2005 at 15:47.

Thanks

1)They work in epsxe
    2)the media im using are tdk cd-r's and those arent cheap quality cause ive used them for dreamcast games and music and working psx games
    3)No Cd-rw's
    4)Whatever has been posted here or on newsgroups is what im burning
    5)ill try cleaning or tweaking the laser unit
    6)The swap trick worked for me when i copied original games(not just burned images or mounted images) and i assume it should work now cause i have read of other guys with 200+ psx games using the swap trick
    7)The only successful games have been in bin/cue and mdf/mds form
    edit: i cant find any free faqs/guide for tweaking or cleaning the laser
    Last edited by gilrules2000; 25th-April-2005 at 16:25.

Thanks

have u tried downloading other images to try (for the same titles i mean)
    it's really hard to determine whether the image you have is burn tested unless someone has tested it. you get what i mean?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm sounds like your'e having lots of problems there for some reason. Try this way, I find it quite often works for me when I've had problems in the past.

1. Mount the Alcohol image using Daemon tools
    2. Load Clone CD & instead of choosing copy cd option choose Read to Image File (Instead of copy CD) this will then make a Clone CD image of the Game. Choose a folder of your choice where to save this new image file.
    3.Exit out of Clone CD unmount the image from Daemon.
    4. Reload Clone CD & choose Write from Image file
    5. Browse to the folder where you saved the new image
    6. Double click the .ccd file then click next
    7. Now change your write speed to 1x and click on Data CD not Game CD then click Next & away you go. Hopefully a successful burn.

Choosing Game CD on Clone CD could be your problem as thats never worked for me on psx games. I think it could be only for doing PC game images

Hope that helps

Thanks

http://www.psxtune.com/adjust.html <-- simplest guide

http://www.maxking.com/pslaser.htm <-- more advanced

http://www.mgboxall.force9.co.uk/focusbias.htm <-- very technical

http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPSX.htm <-- extra information

WARNING: tweaking the laser can cause potential problems and may even kill your unit. I advise you to go thru the guides above at least once each to make sure you know what you are doing. I WILL NOT be responsible if you damage your PSX. Tweaking the laser requires you to disassemble your unit. This requires some technical knowledge.

By following the guides above, you agree that you will not hold me or those guys who created the guides responsible If you spoil your unit. It's your own fault and you will not whine about it anywhere.

PS: just to protect my rights.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Raziel_
    Choosing Game CD on Clone CD could be your problem as thats never worked for me on psx games. I think it could be only for doing PC game images
    I agree with the instructions 'cos i fully support clonecd images!

however, this last statement does not hold true for me. I always burn my PSX images using Game CD mode and it has never failed once. (Now that's funny isn't it? that it doesn't work for u but works for me? )