Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DC Emulation (Chankast)

Thanks

I like it! w000!

Thanks

how do you load up the bios if its a .bin file?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, you don't. You just have to have it in the directory of the emulator, or it won't work. If you want to access the BIOS options, just use the Start command without having a DC ISO mounted or in the CD drive. That will get you to the BIOS screen.

Thanks

thanks for the tip pkt i can save now.

capcom vs snk 2 works for me but its really buggy. Like the sprites are really low resolution. Any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it would be helpful if you made a screenshot, as I don't have any idea why it might not work properly (besides the obvious corrupt ISO stuff). You could try using older versions of Chankast, maybe. They're up on the EP main page.
    http://www.emuparadise.org/NR/

In the mean time, I'll try to download the ISO and look into the problem myself. It's this one, right?
    http://70.85.9.138:6969/stats.html?i...6c1b710a9a05b5

Thanks

i got it off of usenet its was an .mds fie

and how do you take a screen shot? also exactly how do i take off the spanish from the dc bios ive tried doing it and every time i do it never saves so the next time i load up chankast its in spanish again.
    Last edited by onemic; 1st-June-2005 at 01:04.

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm, about the BIOS language change, ask someone more competent. I'm guessing that the emulator doesn't save the BIOS options, as it always resets itself when you exit, and spanish people made Chankast, so that's why they set that as default. But I don't really know, sorry.

I'm downloading the game from the tracker as of now, I hope it's called Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 (or something like that) If this one works, your ISO is most likely corrupt.

To take a screen shot you need to press the PrintScreen button, then load up some image viewer prog (Irfanview, perhaps, if you don't have it, download, or use Microsoft Paint ) and then press Ctrl-V, or select: Edit > Paste. That should make the image appear, then save it in some format, preferably not .BMP, rather .JPEG or .PNG. Then post it as an attachment here (click the Go Advanced button, and scroll down)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I did have a bios file set that saved any data changed in it, Sprung will have that I think (I'm sure I passed that onto him anyway) I don't have it anymore myself due to loosing my HDD not so long back.

Chankast isn't that compatable and has many problems to start with so don't expect perfect emulation with it.

P.S. Isn't there a setting just for Capcom fighting games

Edit: seems I uploaded the bios it's just the flash bios and thats the one that saves any settings, but the one created by Chankast doesn't save your Dreamcast settings, so alot of people end up making the flash bios read only but thats not needed with the flash bios I uploaded

Click here to get the flash bios file
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2005 at 13:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Zorlon, you made me notice I had my BIOS files in read only. That's why it didn't work for me.

Thanks

heres a pic you'll need to enlarge the file baout 200% for it to be around the quality the game runs at on my comp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't see any problems there, really. The pic you posted is compressed pretty much, so aside that THAT picture is blurry, the game is fine. And the characters are supposed to be that pixelated, most 2D fighting games have a 320*200 resolution (Ahh, good old times...) but on TV this does not show so much, as the screen is interpolated there, meaning the image is a little blurred, so that every second pixel is the intermediate color between the two others.
    If I'm correct, even the XBOX uses a resolution like 640*480 or 800*600, and that doesn't look pixelated either on TV. So, you can't do nothing about that, until some guy implements some sprite dithering effects in Chankast.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can if your hardware supports it to put effects on like that for play in full screen
    Personly I can use Antialiasing Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering, Image Quality and Vertical sync all through my Graphics card and set individual settings per program, plus a whole bunch more setting in Advanced, though I actually tend not to use those and just set my PC to run spanned across from my desktop Monitor to my TV, that way I can check here on my Monitor and play with what ever emu on my TV and play a vid on my TV

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR