Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox rushing games!! ps2 breaks!

Thanks

Angry Xbox rushing games!! ps2 breaks!

Well this is just me and a few probs i have seen.1st off i go out and buy the ps2 as soon as it came out, i played it for three months and then it just stopped reading everything(300 bux down the drain).So i moved on and got a xbox it has out lasted the ps2 by far but the prob with the xbox is,
    1)NOT ENOUGH GAMES
    2)You find a game/ games you like seems like your gonna get some good playtime out of it then before you know it you beat the game!one such game on my list is Jade empire fun cool game. But you get half way through the game and then you notice a big change, not in game play but in the plot, it seems they plan on making a game you can play for a long time,but then they just give up in the last half and rush it out the door.Most good xbox games are like this fun to play but way to short.This makes me mad as i can pay 50 for a ps2 game and at least get a few days of good game time where with the xbox all the games i like most i beat in little under 8 hours and they cost just as much!!
    3)All the games i love are on the ps2(get that ps2 emulator going people lol)

The 1st two facts make me not want to buy the new systems they are bragging about, think i will wait for them to go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DOWN in price and xbox better show me some playtime while the playstation better not stop working after a small while !! Anyone else notice the short play time on xbox games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke8b
    Well this is just me and a few probs i have seen.1st off i go out and buy the ps2 as soon as it came out, i played it for three months and then it just stopped reading everything(300 bux down the drain).So i moved on and got a xbox it has out lasted the ps2 by far but the prob with the xbox is,
    1)NOT ENOUGH GAMES
    2)You find a game/ games you like seems like your gonna get some good playtime out of it then before you know it you beat the game!one such game on my list is Jade empire fun cool game. But you get half way through the game and then you notice a big change, not in game play but in the plot, it seems they plan on making a game you can play for a long time,but then they just give up in the last half and rush it out the door.Most good xbox games are like this fun to play but way to short.This makes me mad as i can pay 50 for a ps2 game and at least get a few days of good game time where with the xbox all the games i like most i beat in little under 8 hours and they cost just as much!!
    3)All the games i love are on the ps2(get that ps2 emulator going people lol)

The 1st two facts make me not want to buy the new systems they are bragging about, think i will wait for them to go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DOWN in price and xbox better show me some playtime while the playstation better not stop working after a small while !! Anyone else notice the short play time on xbox games?
    If you had a brand new PS2, and it broke in 3 months, and you DIDN'T make use of your warranty, how can you blame Sony for that? That is what a warranty is for: nothing is completely free of faults, PS2 included.

The Xbox has plenty of games. No one can compete with the market saturation of the Playstation/PS2, but I prefer quality over quantity.

Xbox games being short? Haven't really noticed. I will say that most Xbox games are centered more on the "stupendous graphics" and not the gameplay...

Thanks

ps2s are a pile of shit, 2 of mine have broke.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dserge
    ps2s are a pile of shit, 2 of mine have broke.
    Odd. Mine is fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

mine too

I have the sexy slim PS2 ^__^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    Odd. Mine is fine.
    Odd its not, most people in my city gillette have had to buy new ones, disk read errors...Happend to atleast 9 of my friends.

Thanks

Yes that is correct i was a fool not to take my warranty ,things where hectic back then but no excuses it was just stupid on my part.Then for the xbox i Know morrowind was not rushed and still gives me hours of good play,But try jade empire and many of the so called rpgs....maybe im just sony spoiled but i think they are to short .

And by the way when my ps2 broke down many of my friends had same probs disc read errror or it would just say please insert playstation disk and it would stay on that screen.
    Last edited by coolhandluke8b; 16th-June-2005 at 23:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Odd its not, most people in my city gillette have had to buy new ones, disk read errors...Happend to atleast 9 of my friends.
    I can't really comment on that, other than maybe your reqion got a shipment of bad PS2's. *BUT* If your PS2 were only 3 months old, would you have used the warranty?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    I can't really comment on that, other than maybe your reqion got a shipment of bad PS2's. *BUT* If your PS2 were only 3 months old, would you have used the warranty?
    They were bout 8 months when they broke. . I love the new slimlines though. fliptops are more reliable.

Thanks
    EP Points

The First versions of the PS2 were very prone to breaking...

That is why I waited awhile before buying a PS2...

Thanks

Maybe in Gillette spilling beer on yr console is a tradition, after all it is the best a man can get

I had an Xbox for awhile, with the big original controllers which i liked better that friggin controller S, and after about two years whenever i went to load an audio cd to rip tracks onto the hard drive, it would start to make errors reading the cd's, then it wouldn't even read the cd's, then it started having troubles with xbox game discs, then it wouldn't read the fucking games. Seeing as how it was off warranty, i decided to pawn it (sorry to the sucker who bought it, but at least you'll have a nice big dvd-video player) and cut my losses. at least i got to play halo 2 recently, but i have had my ps2 for 4 years and it runs like a charm every time. not to mention my gamecube, which makes a lot less noise than ps2.

oh and Dserge, i meant no offense, just a friendly dis and you are more than welcome to dis my hometown of Westlock, AB. It's just begging to be, please.

Edit: I heard from someone that the new slimline ps2's are prone to overheating or something. comment?
    Last edited by McGuinty; 16th-June-2005 at 23:41.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    The First versions of the PS2 were very prone to breaking...

That is why I waited awhile before buying a PS2...
    Same here The newer ones are supposed to have better compatibility also. For who are having problems, did you have the stand that made it stand up straight because that's been known to cause problems. I bought mine online also.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy75
    Maybe in Gillette spilling beer on yr console is a tradition, after all it is the best a man can get
    ROFL

Edit: Overheating? that's a lie

I'm too lazy to turn my PS2 off so when i wanna stop playing, i just turn the channel. I think i left it on for 32 hours straight once. It wasnt to hot and I've had no problems yet.
    Last edited by Not Shadow X; 16th-June-2005 at 23:46.

Thanks

just a rumor i heard, thanks for clearing that up. i am kinda tempted because of the built in network adapter, and since i don't play FFXI, it doesn't matter that the hard drive won't fit. plus it's so sexy

Edit: I stand mine up all the time because my table is small and i usually have ps2 there with either gc or n64 if i'm in the mood, and I have never had problems before. have you heard about this from a lot of people? oh yeah, but i don't use the vertical stand (waste of money, i think)
    Last edited by McGuinty; 16th-June-2005 at 23:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy75
    Edit: I stand mine up all the time because my table is small and i usually have ps2 there with either gc or n64 if i'm in the mood, and I have never had problems before. have you heard about this from a lot of people? oh yeah, but i don't use the vertical stand (waste of money, i think)

Yes... There is physics behind why the drive breaks down sooner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Yes... There is physics behind why the drive breaks down sooner.
    i guess, maybe i should think twice before doing that. also, if i turn my little PS symbol on the front too often, it might fall off, and that would be sad.