Thread: PSX Swap Trick Question/Issues

Thanks

Default PSX Swap Trick Question/Issues

Hi, I just started doing the swap trick for the PSX and it's awesome. I have 10 back-ups that I tried the swap trick on. All 10 cds have been tested out with ePSXe and they all work. The trick only worked for 6 out of the 10. The other 4 would "freeze" at the Playstation logo after I switch the back-up with the local cd. The local cd will just spin at 1x speed (rather than speed up to 2x and fade to black) and nothing will happen (maybe the lens turned off?). So I tried to switch at the first slow down instead of the 2nd, the screen will fade to black, but I get a messed up screen instead of the cd booting up (the screen looks like the Playstation logo screen, except it's uncentered and I can only see "Pla" and "Sony Compute"). Is this a timing problem on my part, or is it something else? I am guessing it is the back-up cds, but I am not too sure.

Thanks

different models of playstations will work with different games so perhaps those 4 just arent swap trickable with your playstation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skakidd
    different models of playstations will work with different games so perhaps those 4 just arent swap trickable with your playstation.
    Ahh, that makes sense. That brings up another question though. Assuming these 4 aren't swap trickable with my playstation, would they work if I use PS-X-Change? Or would I have to install a mod chip?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thkvl
    Ahh, that makes sense. That brings up another question though. Assuming these 4 aren't swap trickable with my playstation, would they work if I use PS-X-Change? Or would I have to install a mod chip?
    I use a PS-X-Change all of the time and I havn't found a single game yet that I couldn't play (except for game that need to be patched)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://go.to/psxcplist <- protected games listage

Mod chips own but PS-X-Change is a good alternative method

I can tell you though not to bother with games like Metal Gear Solid though with PS-X-Change, but I'm gunna let someone else say why
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-January-2006 at 22:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not gonna tell you why alot of multi cd games don't work. *cough*
    But doesn't MGS let you save at the end of CD1 or there's something else?

Anyway, yes they will likely work except a few protected games. Another great alternative is a Gameshark clone plug-in device, and since most of them are gameshark clones you can enter codes that bypass the "modchip" detection devices in certain games. No patching.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I'm not gonna tell you why alot of multi cd games don't work. *cough*
    But doesn't MGS let you save at the end of CD1 or there's something else?
    nope thats the whole point

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Anyway, yes they will likely work except a few protected games. Another great alternative is a Gameshark clone plug-in device, and since most of them are gameshark clones you can enter codes that bypass the "modchip" detection devices in certain games. No patching.
    GS clone has the same problems as PS-X-Change but again it's still a good alternative to a mod chip and was the first method I used with my very old gay gray PSX with a walking stick... poor thing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for all the help!