Quote Originally Posted by bimmywhammy View Post
Hi,

I have many donor boards with batteries but the games I want to burn don't need the batteries.

Is it possible to bypass the battery ? Can I route my pins like on a normal board or do I need to solder some other pins ?

I also have a ferromagnetic savetype board on which I intend to put Megaman The Wily Wars. What do I have to consider in order to make the game usable ?

I'm also interested in bank switching. I plan to do a Thunder Force III & IV compilation. Can I use the same switching method as on the M27C800 in order to switch from two 1024kB banks on a M27C322 chip ? What would be the easiest way to make this compilation ?
For the first question, you can simply ignore the battery altogether.
For the FRAM, you will have to find the "SRAM hack" for Mega Mean Wily Wars. The game originally was released for Serial-eeprom RAM.

If you want a compilation of two games that save, you will also have to use the switching method to bank-switch the RAM as well, so they do not overwrite each other's save files. You can do this with a single switch and a bigger SRAM IC to switch out the old one with. Or you could do it with logic ICs and have the ROM/RAM switch with the click of the reset button.
My option
Another option

Quote Originally Posted by ramparts View Post
hi guy´s

i had burned some 27c400 on my willem but aparently on carts without batery ,just have success on the dizzy game and speedball ,other 512k games doesn´t seem to boot ,neither normal nor swap byte.
Could it be because of the region Rom´s ?
I am on Portugal and our megadrives or genesis as you call ,is pal 50 hz.
And if so how can i be sure that the rom is europe ,to burn them ok?

Regards

JOSÉ
You can check if your ROM is USA, Japan or Europe buy looking at the header information.
Download a Hex editor (I prefer HxD) and then read this post:
http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...68#post1774268
In that post, I show how to make any ROM region free.

You always have to swap byte. I suspect that an address pin may be left floating, or you put the ROM in the socket wrong.
Did you place the ROM all the way to the "right" of the socket?
Look here closely;