Thread: Which psp model should I get for emulation?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Shoot, I made this thread, fell asleep, and I forgot about it. Thanks a lot for all your advice, I'm leaning towards a 1000 or 2000 but let it be known that I'm careful with technology, having built pcs and owned gameboys but somehow I like the idea of it being more...sturdy. However, I am worried about less ram in the 1000, how much does that matter for most emulators? Would a 2000 be better for, say, gameboy advance or using the built in ps1 emulation? Also, thanks a lot for bringing up stuff I would never have thought of, like that PhotoFast CR-5400 (and for such a great deal to!) and the other links, I've only peeped into PSP emulation before this so the advice as appreciated.

P.S. I don't currently have Wifi access, but might in the future.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Searyan View Post
    However, I am worried about less ram in the 1000, how much does that matter for most emulators? Would a 2000 be better for, say, gameboy advance or using the built in ps1 emulation?
    IIRC support for the extra ram in the 2000/3000 was something that had to be built into a specific build of the particular homebrew app (i.e., they don't pick up on the extra ram on their own), and none of the popular emulators ran any better on the 2000/3000 vs the 1000. POPS (the bit that lets you do PS1 on your PSP) is also unaffected by it.

Off the top of my head the only homebrew apps I can remember using the extra ram for better performance were a few "high memory mod" versions of apps, including the now defunct psptube and an extension of sorts for the PSPs web browser.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 25th-August-2012 at 02:28.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"