Thread: Castlevania Portrait of Ruin original cart freezing :(

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Castlevania Portrait of Ruin original cart freezing :(

So I'm sad that I got the original one and it still freezes but I will spare you guys of the sad talk that in my country games costs a lot

Got the original US cart and even so I tested a lot of it before starting to play for real. I tried to freeze in that teleport, the menu and stuff and it passed perfectly in places that would freeze in my R4.

So I started playing and it was everything OK but when I arrive at Forest of Doom I begin to explore and since it's not that difficult and for my luck could not find a save point I decide to keep playing and in some open area where there is a giant tree and tombstones enemies the game freezes

So please give my some opinions:

Anyone with original carts have problems? I really don't believe that my cart is damaged. I think it's some kind of bad programming or maybe the DS Lite can't handle that game! Do you guys think that if I had a DSi or a 3DS it would fix the problem like extra RAM or something since in that place the game does slow down cause of the giant tree enemy?

Should I return the cart and get my money back? I mean I don't want to get another copy play again from the beginning and find that it still freezes. But on the other hand man I loved this game and it just froze one time making me lose some progress and if I used a flash cart even a better one than my crappy R4 it could still freeze so...
    Last edited by Bruno; 8th-August-2014 at 04:54.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)