Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar1983 View Post
Hey Bennieboi - I thought I'd try this out, just to see if it really worked, and it does, beautifully. Except for one thing:

I followed your instructions to the letter, and I now have a folder on my desktop that I can't delete. Tried dragging it into the Recycle Bin, it just popped back to it's former location on my desktop. Tried right-clicking and going to the Properties tab, "Restore Defaults", then deleting, no joy. Tried renaming, no luck. Tried restoring the folder icon AND renaming, it's still there. Can you offer any advice on how to get rid of it? I really don't need it, I just tried this out for sh*ts and giggles. BTW, my OS is Windows Vista (32-bit, I believe).

EDIT: Okay, I dragged a photo into this folder, and can rename, cut/copy/paste/, or delete the photo, but still can't do any of those things with the folder. Not funny anymore... I want rid of this thing!

EDIT 2: Going to try restarting my PC. Hope that gets rid of it.

FINAL EDIT: Restarting didn't work either. The only way I was able to get rid of the sonofagun was to do the following:

1. Open WinRAR, and browse to my desktop
2. Right-click the "invisible" folder and select "Add to archive"
3. In the window that pops up, select the option to "delete files after archiving"
4. Discover that the "invisible folder" is gone, and delete the archive. Done!

Man, what a pain! Vista users, beware. Glad it's sorted out, now I've gotta go to work. Peace out.
ahhh right ok you had the vista bug i forgot about that, yeah its a bug within windows vista that doesnt allow you delete it ater as it doesnt see it as a folder, there are two ways to do this the 1st is to do what you did, add it to an archive and delete it that way, or the 2nd but more complicated way is to delete it via CMD im gonna add in details of the bug at the start of my post cheers rockstar