Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyEclectic View Post
I work in IT for a university and we see this happen more frequently than I care to admit. It usually stems from the fact that someone browsed to a site and got infected something. I would heartily suggest using Malwarebytes. The free version is fine. We have used Symantec as our primary anti-virus tool and things that slip by it are usually caught with a scan from this product. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

As a completely different suggestion, depending on how large your hard drive is, if you are looking to get extra speed and longevity out of your system, as well as increasing battery-life and overall stability, I heartily recommend swapping out your internal hard drive for an SSD. It has extended the life of a number of our machines for an additional year or two in many cases. Faculty who were frustrated with the performance of their machines felt like they had gotten a brand new computer. Just a suggestion.

Peace.
great point i overlooked could be just some malware as well i personally use Malwarebytes all the time at home and at work (i work in the PC repair business for a Retail Chain). it will pretty much find any malware out there (i mean nothing is 100%) but its pretty close to it.

Good Suggestion TheBoyEclectic