Thread: TUTORIAL on making an ISO from a PSX CD

Thanks

Default TUTORIAL on making an ISO from a PSX CD

Okay, there's been a bunch of new members lately, who are new to emulation and all that stuff, and since there was never an actual tutorial topic, I decided to make one, for anyone who wants to to link here when this question is asked.

I will add pictures and sticky when I get the time and points.

THIS TUTORIAL IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON MAKING A PSX CD INTO A RARED YSI DOWNLOAD. You can drop off at any point, if you only want an ISO for yourself to use, or a RAR to make into a Torrent, etc.

Its really simple.

1) MAKING THE ISO

Go to www.isobuster.com

Download the latest version of IsoBuster.

Put the PSX CD in your CD-Rom drive.

Open ISObuster.

At the top of the window, select the drive the PSX CD is in. Right-click CD, then move over Extract CD <image> and click RAW (*.bin *.iso).

Now, name your file MYISO.iso or whatever, just MAKE SURE you give it the .iso ending. Then, after its done, just click ok, wait for it to extract the iso, then on the next save box click ok to save the cue sheets.

2) COMPRESSING THE ISO INTO A .RAR FILE

If you don't have it, download WinRAR from www.winrar.com. Install it. Select the ISO and the CUE files, right click, and hit Add to Archive...

In the window, select a name, select save as RAR, select compression Best, and type Split to Parts 100m (or whatever, depending on the size of parts you want. 50 MB would be 50m).

3) UPLOADING TO YOUSENDIT

Now, go to www.yousendit.com. To upload a part, type your email in the Recipient box, and select your file in the next box. Hit OK, and when the upload is done you will recieve an email of the link, which you post here.

4) EXTRACTING A MULTI-PART RAR
    See post #6.
    Last edited by El Capitaine; 21st-July-2005 at 03:48.
    [center]My ISO-making tutorial

MY ROM/ISO list

XBL Gamertag: El Capitaine.

Access my FTP (for any purpose, upload, download, PM me if you want to use it to facilitate a trade with someone)
    ftp://elcapitaine.serveftp.net (port21)
    User:Emuparadise
    Pass:561224

Thanks

what's ysi
    ?

Thanks

ysi=yousendit.com

its just a place where you could upload files, what we do is make isos of PSX games and upload them to YSI and post them

but really this tut is making an ISO from your CD

PSX ISO list coming soon (once i get more lol)

Thanks

yeah i know what yousendtit does just didnt realize that ysi is the abbreviation for it...hahaha guess i need to chat more hehehe

Thanks

I understand how to compress the files but after you download a iso or a bin how do you get them to combine together after you unrar it? Using winrar, whenever I try to unrar the files it wants to overwrite the existing file.

Thanks

i think what you're trying to say is:

I have downloaded
    file.part01.rar
    file.part02.rar
    file.part03.rar
    and I want to decompress them. How do I do it?

--------------

Well, just open up the first file (in my example, file.part01.rar). Continue to extract as you would any other RAR. Just hit extract, select a directory, and wait. After it has extracted all the information in the first rar, it will search that directory for part02.rar. It will then continue on, until its done, using each rar in succession. You can even see what rar its using at the moment, too. Look at the extraction progress box, and the title bar will say what part is being extracted.
    [center]My ISO-making tutorial

MY ROM/ISO list

XBL Gamertag: El Capitaine.

Access my FTP (for any purpose, upload, download, PM me if you want to use it to facilitate a trade with someone)
    ftp://elcapitaine.serveftp.net (port21)
    User:Emuparadise
    Pass:561224

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Membrane32
    ysi=yousendit.com

its just a place where you could upload files, what we do is make isos of PSX games and upload them to YSI and post them

but really this tut is making an ISO from your CD
    That is where you are Wrong

YSI= You suck idiot.
    AKA: You sendit sucks .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ncxtreme
    I understand how to compress the files but after you download a iso or a bin how do you get them to combine together after you unrar it? Using winrar, whenever I try to unrar the files it wants to overwrite the existing file.
    The problem is you're selecting ALL the RAR files. When you try to extract the first part, it extracts normally. Then, it tries extracting the second part by itself, sees that it's a split archive, RAR searches for the first part, and extracts normally, AGAIN. So, if you're extracting a RAR that's been split into 20 parts, you'd get the "Do you want to overwrite" question 19 times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    The problem is you're selecting ALL the RAR files. When you try to extract the first part, it extracts normally. Then, it tries extracting the second part by itself, sees that it's a split archive, RAR searches for the first part, and extracts normally, AGAIN. So, if you're extracting a RAR that's been split into 20 parts, you'd get the "Do you want to overwrite" question 19 times.
    when it asks u to overwrite u press yes right?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGTdude02
    when it asks u to overwrite u press yes right?
    It shouldn't ask that question if you only select the first file. Anyway, it doesn't matter which you choose, because it's trying to overwrite the file that's already there with the exact same file. It would be faster if you selected "No".

Thanks

Ok im just about a total noob so dont hurt me (cowers in fear). I downloaded the espxe ps emulator a while back and tried to work it but to no avail i was defeated. My problems were something with a render texture error and playing games. Ive definitely read some FAQs and a few posts and now i wanna give it another try. I read your info el capitaine and you seem very helpful so here are a few ?'s.

1. How to play games on the psx emulator. ive downloaded the iso rips or something (game demos i think off the emuparadise roms page) and ridgeracer worked out fine. Now im trying to get FF 9 and its more complex then ridgeracer b/c i cant just drag a file into the emulator and play it b/c there are multiple files. So my question is do i have to combine them somehow to play the game? Also how do i do that?

sry for inconveniencing anyone with my stupidity ill try to educate myself in the meantime thanks everyone for your time.