Thread: TUTORIAL on making an ISO from a PSX CD

Threaded View

Thanks

Default TUTORIAL on making an ISO from a PSX CD

Okay, there's been a bunch of new members lately, who are new to emulation and all that stuff, and since there was never an actual tutorial topic, I decided to make one, for anyone who wants to to link here when this question is asked.

I will add pictures and sticky when I get the time and points.

THIS TUTORIAL IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON MAKING A PSX CD INTO A RARED YSI DOWNLOAD. You can drop off at any point, if you only want an ISO for yourself to use, or a RAR to make into a Torrent, etc.

Its really simple.

1) MAKING THE ISO

Go to www.isobuster.com

Download the latest version of IsoBuster.

Put the PSX CD in your CD-Rom drive.

Open ISObuster.

At the top of the window, select the drive the PSX CD is in. Right-click CD, then move over Extract CD <image> and click RAW (*.bin *.iso).

Now, name your file MYISO.iso or whatever, just MAKE SURE you give it the .iso ending. Then, after its done, just click ok, wait for it to extract the iso, then on the next save box click ok to save the cue sheets.

2) COMPRESSING THE ISO INTO A .RAR FILE

If you don't have it, download WinRAR from www.winrar.com. Install it. Select the ISO and the CUE files, right click, and hit Add to Archive...

In the window, select a name, select save as RAR, select compression Best, and type Split to Parts 100m (or whatever, depending on the size of parts you want. 50 MB would be 50m).

3) UPLOADING TO YOUSENDIT

Now, go to www.yousendit.com. To upload a part, type your email in the Recipient box, and select your file in the next box. Hit OK, and when the upload is done you will recieve an email of the link, which you post here.

4) EXTRACTING A MULTI-PART RAR
    See post #6.
    Last edited by El Capitaine; 21st-July-2005 at 03:48.
    [center]My ISO-making tutorial

MY ROM/ISO list

XBL Gamertag: El Capitaine.

Access my FTP (for any purpose, upload, download, PM me if you want to use it to facilitate a trade with someone)
    ftp://elcapitaine.serveftp.net (port21)
    User:Emuparadise
    Pass:561224